Monday, October 15, 2007

Blog Action Day - A Short Wrap-Up

By Marcie Barnes

It's Blog Action Day and I'm a little late posting, so I thought I'd give you a rundown of some of the blog posts I found today that I enjoyed:


1) Moolanomy.com's Little things you can do to save money and our planet - This is a great list of 40 things you can do to help the environment. Surely you can find a few if not ten or more things to implement in your own life on this list!


2) Lifehack.org's You the Consumer - This is a great explanation of how we consumers truly are consuming the earth. I am fast becoming of the opinion that humans will be the cause of their own demise, and this is echoed in the quote from Pogo: "We have met the enemy and he is us". In addition, I think I finally found the origin of "Nothing to excess" in this article - one of my most favorite sayings.

3) Thetaoofmakingmoney.com's State Of The Nation - Check this out for a more humorous view via a video clip featuring Will Farrell aka George W. Bush.


4) Last but not Least: GAIAM.com's 5 Eco-Friendly Kids' Activities - Don't forget to get the kids involved! Getting outside in the clean air and hands in the dirt are great ways to keep healthy and happy, and can help save the Earth, too!

No comments: