Thursday, September 13, 2007

A Great Life Expectancy Calculator

By Marcie Barnes

I've seen several of these calculators, and I'm normally annoyed by the questions they ask - for example - "Do you take prescription or OTC drugs (yes or no)" as opposed to asking how often I take them. This calculator lets you gauge the answer on a slider for each question. It told me I have a real age of 21 (I am 36) - so maybe that's why I like it so much! :) In any case, it's important to know which factors are considered in calculating your longevity.

Conversely, Dr. Oz's comprehensive real age quiz tells me I am slightly older than my "biological age"...but perhaps they want to be more on the conservative side so I will stay on their website for their tips. (I like most of the content on this site, it's just very market-y).
How do you fare?

No comments: